I went live in the DIY Branding for Lady Bosses last night giving my top 10 tips of how to maximize your visibility and chance of being discovered on Instagram by using hashtags.
In case you've been living under a rock, seriously my nieces and nephews automatically call the symbol # a hashtag and it has no other meaning, let's talk about what a hashtag is and why to use them. I personally think that hashtags are one of the best ways to grow your Instagram.
A hashtag is a tool to enable other IG user to discover and find you! And it's important to take time to find hashtags that work for your account right now. You need to carefully choose ones that allow you to be discovered and not buried in the hashtag feed.
You can catch the recording in the group for more of a breakdown but here are the 10 tips:
1. The more specific the hashtag the better!
2. You can use 30 hashtags per post. USE THEM ALL! (you can post a few in your caption but I love adding them all in a separate comment)
3. Not all largely followed hashtags are off limits. Check the top posts and if they have a similar amount of likes on the photos that you usually get it's okay for you to use!
4. Once you find a hashtag explore the similar hashtags that IG recommends. You can find some real gems!
5. It's okay to take time and find relevant hashtags. If you put valuable time in you will see results!
6. If you are posting locations check hashtags by starting with #IG or #IGERS and then insert location. ex: IGERSdisney or #IGdisneyworld
7. Make sure you are posting quality photos and your content is worthy of being on your feed. Use an editor's eye.
8. adding the word lifestyle or life at the end of a more common hashtag can help you be found easier. It's usually easier to be found in hashtags that are 50,000 - 500,000 followers versus 16 million :)
9. Don't steal other people's hashtags exactly. Just because they work for them doesn't mean they will work for you.
10. Geotag your little heart out on top of the location hashtags. It doubles your chances of being found.
Go ahead and start implementing these today and make sure to track the changes! If you don't track it you won't know what is working for you.
Keeping it real,